Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vienna is waiting for me.....

Guten Tag!  I guess I should start by introducing myself.
My name is Lyndsi. I love adventures. My favorite color is yellow. I have the most incredible family ever. And I am so blessed to have a Heavenly Father who loves me and have the truthfulness of the gospel in my life. 
This year is going to be a year of my lifelong dreams coming true. Have you ever had a dream come true? It is one of my most favorite feelings in the whole wide world. I know that my dreams are coming true because of my Heavenly Father and my Savior.
One of these dreams happened this Summer. I was an EFY counselor in the Midwest. My dreams could have never measured up to the reality of how incredible EFY was for me. I worked seven weeks. It was the best thing I have ever done. I am so impressed by the youth of this church and I would have never imagined that they would teach me as much as they did about, well everything, but mostly being kind and staying strong. I LOVE every single one of my kids and they will always be in my heart. Just remember once a counselor always a counselor. 
The next BIG dream that is coming true is... I am leaving for Vienna in 8 hours and 30 minutes. I am pretty excited about it... 
I have dreamed about going on a Study Aboard since before I can remember. And it is finally happening. I know that it will be everything I have dreamed of and so much more. I am going to be rooming with one of my most favorite people Elysse. I don't think that Europe is ready for us...  I cannot wait to get there. Another exciting thing that is for sure on the endless list of exciting things is that our house is YELLOW. 
Here are some pictures of my EFY Groups...
Week #1 in Normal, Illinois

Week #2 in Nauvoo

Week #3 in Columbia, Missouri

Week #4 in Cincinnati, Ohio 

Week #5 in Bloomington, Indiana
(Sorry I can't find a group picture!) 

Week #6 in San Antonio, Texas 

Week #7 in Nauvoo

















1 comment:

  1. Lyndsi! Here's my hug and my best wishes for the experience of a lifetime. I am so excited for you! My extended family and I have a particular love for this area of the world and I know you are going to have a great experience. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete